BowieBelle Vintage & Upcycled Furniture


Turning old and unwanted furniture into something beautiful and unique.
Upcycled and creatively restored pieces at affordable prices.


To purchase any items please head to my etsy shop
Bowiebellefurniture.etsy.com


I try to add new items weekly and busy working away on lovely new pieces to add to the BowieBelle collection,
so please do keep checking back to see what's new!

Bowiebelle is now on Etsy


Please do visit my Pinterest board: Bowiebelle vintage & upcycled furniture
and
Instagram: @Bowiebellefurniture



UPCYCLING: Bedroom furniture

Coming soon - Vintage Wardrobe



For the last couple of weeks I have been working on this
stunning vintage wardrobe.
This lovely piece came to me via my son
and pals who happened to be making a delivery into london and discovered 
the previous owner was actually on route to the tip with it!
fortunately for me they rescued it 
and brought it home to me. Yay!
 I have to say it feels like this piece
has taken me so long to complete-
its been three weeks now  but I'm
happy to say I'm almost there just finishing off with Annie Sloan wax.


When I'm working with Annie Sloan paint before I get started I usually pour
some into a old jam jar ( keep the lids) and add a little water I find it glides
on nicely but it also thickens up as you go along also this way its less messy
and you only use what you need - I finish up with a thicker top coat 
I find this gives you a smoother finish if that's what your working towards
with this piece I wanted to achieve a smooth finish- not to shabby.
 
On a normal day if I'm focused it would usually take me a week to
complete - obviously depending on the condition and size of the furniture but
  I have been distracted with some shopping - of the furniture kind,
so on the positive side I have a couple of  lovely items to get working
on soon : - ) 
 
The wardrobe needed some fixing up nothing too major it did
have a pretty vintage fabric pinned onto the inside back panel
which unfortunately didn't wash up well enough to keep and
maybe replace.
 A good old wash down with sugar soap and  I got started. 

 
For this wardrobe I decided on the fabulous Annie Sloan chalk paint and
chose  'Paris grey' one of my favourites . For the interior I will be adding
a little pops of colour! and pretty 
gold leaf to the mouldings.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment