BowieBelle Vintage & Upcycled Furniture


Turning old and unwanted furniture into something beautiful and unique.
Upcycled and creatively restored pieces at affordable prices.


To purchase any items please head to my etsy shop
Bowiebellefurniture.etsy.com


I try to add new items weekly and busy working away on lovely new pieces to add to the BowieBelle collection,
so please do keep checking back to see what's new!

Bowiebelle is now on Etsy


Please do visit my Pinterest board: Bowiebelle vintage & upcycled furniture
and
Instagram: @Bowiebellefurniture



Upcycling: Bedroom decor

This week I will be making the finishing touches to the 1940's bedroom dresser I have been working on. I decided to use the Autentico paints and have opted for 'Pebbles' a extremely  pale grey in fact quite the colour of very pale pebbles! I don't know why that surprises me only I was expecting the paint to be a little more on the grey side. I'm quite new to the full range of colours at Autentico but still having said that I'm very happy with the overall finish. Pebbles is very neutral relaxing colour that will fit into any colour scheme so all's good. 
Now for a splash of colour! I have painted inside the drawers using Autentico again using 'Antique Turquoise' this colour I have used before and I love it. Here's a little sneak peek!



Having removed all the hardware I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the original drawer pulls or replace them but as they are quite
large and weeny bit unattractive I'm thinking to replace, with my past pieces I would normally either re- paint and revamp! as I really don't see the need to be wasteful plus I do find the old vintage drawer pulls so very ornate and so beautiful.
But this time I'm thinking to revamp some old ones and see what happens ...



No comments:

Post a Comment